- 2022.01.04Yamada Nishiki Project 2021: The final screening of this year’s rice has been held
- 2022.01.01Kuramoto Diary #510 - New year's greetings
- 2021.12.13Hiroshi Sakurai, Asahi Shuzo’s Chairman, was selected as “Japan's Entrepreneur of the Year”
- 2021.12.13This year's donation to the Japan Medical Association
- 2021.12.06Yamada Nishiki Project 2021: The preliminary screening of this year’s rice has been held
We make sake to brighten your life,
not to drive the sales to get drunk.
Origin of the name "DASSAI"
The name of our sake, DASSAI, means "otter festival," and the origins convey much of what we are about.
Sake is made from rice, water and koji. Especially rice is one of the most important things for making sake.